PersonInfo Object And OfflineWebApplicationConnection RRS feed

• Question

• Using the OfflineWebApplicationConnection how do I get the PersonInfo object created? If you can please provide a small code example.

Thanks,

Ashley

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 6:15 PM

Answers

• Currently you can't due to security concerns. The good news is that those have been eliminated by reducing the type and amount of data available in the PersonInfo.  I have a work item to make this available in the same way that it is available to AuthenticatedConnection instances.

The best you can do now is store the record-id that the person was working with along with their person-id, then create an instance of HealthRecordAccessor with an OfflineWebApplicationConnection and the record-id. This will give you access to the person's health record information that they have authorized your application to.

Jeff Jones

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:35 PM

All replies

• Currently you can't due to security concerns. The good news is that those have been eliminated by reducing the type and amount of data available in the PersonInfo.  I have a work item to make this available in the same way that it is available to AuthenticatedConnection instances.

The best you can do now is store the record-id that the person was working with along with their person-id, then create an instance of HealthRecordAccessor with an OfflineWebApplicationConnection and the record-id. This will give you access to the person's health record information that they have authorized your application to.

Jeff Jones

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 11:35 PM
  • It seems like every example app for HealthVault is a web app with pages that derive from HealthServicePage.  What if I just have a plain old vanilla web service which inherits from System.Web.Services.WebService.

What is recommended pattern for interacting with HealthVault?
    Is there a sample web service project somewhere online?

If you get a chance, please give an answer to this thread.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/69394b37-4ec1-49ee-886b-9c93159720fa/write-weight-data?forum=healthvault

Thanks,

coding is good for the soul.

Friday, December 12, 2014 8:22 PM