none
Parameter passing between 2 execute pipeline activities RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team,

I have a scenario wherein I am trying to queue 2 execute pipeline activities in a single pipeline.

I have a lookup activity in the 1 st Pipeline the output of which I need to provide as an input to the parameter in the 2<sup>nd</sup> pipeline.

The output of the lookup activity is an array:

your response would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, April 5, 2019 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hello Nandan Hegde, and than you for your question.  At this time, there is no easy way to directly pass output from an Execute Pipeline activity.  In part, this is because the output is made available at the start of the run, rather than the end, in case asynchronous activity is desired.  However there is a way to get the activity results.  (see below)

To grab the output of the Lookup activity from "FileValidateionPipeline", you can 
    use this api call ("Activity Runs - Query By Pipeline Run"), to get the results of all activities in that pipeline run.  You could do the call either immediately after the "FileValidationPipeline" , or inside the "Execute Pipeline1".  In either case , you would still need to add a parameter to the "ExecutePipeline1".  In the first case, you would pass the result of the call to "Execute Pipeline1".   In the second case you would pass the pipeline run ID of "FileValidationPipeline" to "Execute Pipeline1".  No parameter needs to be created inside "FileValidationPipeline".

You can propose / vote for features at the Data Factory Feedback Forum.
    Monday, April 8, 2019 9:21 PM