none
MS CUSTOM UI XML RRS feed

• Question

• Can any one tell me the XML relating to the Context help that automatically appears below the screen tip of a control.  Id like to know how to turn it off and how to customise it. 

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:11 AM

Answers

• This cannot be changed.

When they designed the Ribbon, they wanted to ensure, that a user can tell whether he is using a built-in function or an third-party (plugin or whatever) function.

Thus those two cannot be removed.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:00 PM

All replies

• Can any one tell me the XML relating to the Context help that automatically appears below the screen tip of a control.  Id like to know how to turn it off and how to customise it. 
    Monday, February 22, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Monday, February 22, 2016 12:11 PM
  • Hi Gegan. Not sure if I understand what you're asking but from the same site Stefan mentioned, take a look at question #10 in the FAQ page. Hope that helps...
    Monday, February 22, 2016 4:13 PM
  • I am getting a default help section if I hover over a custom button.  Question #10 indicates it can't be removed but do you Know the XML change the Image and both hyper links circled in the link below?

http://screencast.com/t/JDGCQzpZ5sB

The XML for the Button and screen tips is below, what do I need to add to change the context data images and Lables?

<button id="customButtonSetup" label="Settings" size="large" onAction="GetSettings" image="Setup64" screentip="Settings"   supertip="Specify any field mapping and data transformations to be run after data extraction"/>

Thanks in advance of a resolution.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Hi This is actual an Excel related issue can you please move this to the excel forum please?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:44 PM
  • This cannot be changed.

When they designed the Ribbon, they wanted to ensure, that a user can tell whether he is using a built-in function or an third-party (plugin or whatever) function.

Thus those two cannot be removed.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:00 PM
  • I am getting a default help section if I hover over a custom button.  Question #10 indicates it can't be removed but do you Know the XML change the Image and both hyper links circled in the link below?

http://screencast.com/t/JDGCQzpZ5sB

The XML for the Button and screen tips is below, what do I need to add to change the context data images and Lables?

<button id="customButtonSetup" label="Settings" size="large" onAction="GetSettings" image="Setup64" screentip="Settings"   supertip="Specify any field mapping and data transformations to be run after data extraction"/>

Thanks in advance of a resolution.

Hi. Sorry, as already mentioned, it can't be removed, and I am not sure if it can be modified either. Just my 2 cents...

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:50 PM
  • Many Thanks, I won't waste my time looking any further.

Shaun

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Thanks

Shaun

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:44 AM