none
Kinect depth streams stop working after some time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have 3 identical PCs and 3 Kinect v2 cameras. Each PC is running some software that uses the depth stream and skeleton stream from the connected Kinect. The software is identical on each PC.

The depth stream from one of the PCs stops working after an indeterminate amount of time (the shortest time I've seen is around 5 minutes). If I then close the kinectService process from task manager, the depth stream will start again.

While the depth stream is not working, if I use the Kinect Configuration Verifier, I get the following message:

No depth frame received from Kinect FPS 0

When the depth stream is working again, I get a tick in the configuration verifier next to the depth stream section.

Can anyone tell me where the problem resides or how to find out what the problem is? Could the Kinect be faulty? Could it be a USB bandwidth issue (even though the other 2 identical PCs work fine I guess it could be a setting in Windows somewhere)? Any software settings I need to double check on?

Thanks!

Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

I have finally figured out that the issue is something to do with the fact that I have some acrylic in front of the camera. When I remove the acrylic, the camera are fine. I presume this is because of the amount of IR light that can be fed back into the cameras.

So, does anyone have any recommended acrylic or glass to use in front of a kinect v2?

Thanks!

Thursday, April 21, 2016 10:32 AM
  • Hi Chris,

have you checked where the reflection of the acrylic is strongest when compared to the scenario without acrylic? You may be able to reduce the amount of reflection by simply applying some black tape either to the Kinect depth sensor, IR lights or to the piece of acrylic.

Roland

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:47 PM