none
Machine Interfacing through SECS/GEM Protocol RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone knows about developing an application that can communicate with machines like die bonder (ASM AD8912, ESEC 2100) and wire bonder in a semiconductor company. How can I pull out the data and parameters of machine from my vb.net application (VS2010).

• Moved by Stanly Fan Friday, January 19, 2018 5:33 AM
    • Edited by zirj0hn Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:37 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:15 AM

All replies

• Hi zirj0hn,

According to your description, your issue is more related about VB.NET. And this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce, I will move this thread to corresponding forum: VB.NET Forum for dedicated information.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Stanly

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 19, 2018 5:32 AM
  • How can I pull out the data and parameters of machine from my vb.net application (VS2010).
    You will start with the manufacturer's documentation about the physical interface (RS232 serial, USB, etc) and then you can consider the manufacturer's decription of the data protocol.   This information will determine the code that you will use to access the machine data.
    • Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Friday, January 19, 2018 7:29 AM
    Friday, January 19, 2018 7:21 AM
  • All I know it that, it uses LAN, SEC/GEMS. Do you have any sample code?
    • Edited by zirj0hn Monday, January 22, 2018 4:46 AM
    Monday, January 22, 2018 4:43 AM