Update Panels and Tab Container RRS feed

• Question

• User-470027754 posted

I have tab container that has a custom user control in each of its Tab Panels.  The user control has a button.  When the button is clicked some validates are performed on the the contents on the panel.  If it fails validations an alert popup box is displayed.  The problem I am running into is the entire Tab Container disappears while the popup box is displayed.  once the user selects OK the Tab container is visible again. 

I have added update panels on the around the page, tabcontainer, user control, button etc. to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here.

Note: The code that registers the alert script is in the page code behind that contains the user control.  The page registers with the custom control for the button click event.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

James

Friday, March 6, 2015 11:18 AM

Answers

• User1918509225 posted

Hi jblennon,

I suggest that you could try to set a breakpoint on your code to check if when you click the button.

check if your page has a postback to cause your tab container to disappear. and when you click ok,it will show again.

Best Regards,

Kevin  Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 4:00 AM

All replies

• User-470027754 posted

More information

I added a button outside of the TabContainer that registers an script Alert in its on even handler.  With and update panel around the entire page.  The only control that disappears when the popup alert box is visiable is the TabContainer.  At this point it looks like only the AJAX control is being refreshed.  I am not sure why.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Friday, March 6, 2015 12:40 PM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi jblennon,

I suggest that you could try to set a breakpoint on your code to check if when you click the button.

check if your page has a postback to cause your tab container to disappear. and when you click ok,it will show again.

Best Regards,

Kevin  Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 4:00 AM