none
Possibility of using two Frame buffer with same contents in WEC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am working on Arm based Altera's socfpga platform. Target OS used is WEC7. I am facing a serious issue in my display driver. When the booting is over, flickering occurs while displaying the WEC7 desktop. The flickering continues whenever iam opening a new screen. I am using the FLAT VGA driver and the display controller is implemented in FPGA. I found that the flickering is because of dumping of data to the frame buffer by the OS and processing of data by the display controller occurs at the same time. Is it possible to store the contents of frame buffer to one more secondary frame buffer. So that while OS dumps data to the primary frame buffer, controller will process the data in the secondary frame buffer and display and vice versa. Also exactly in which function does the OS fills the frame buffer in VGA flat driver.

Looking forward to your quick reply.

Thanks &Regards,

Sowmya

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:08 AM

All replies

• One Framebuffer should be OK.

Make sure your data copy is fast enough. Are you using a DMA for that ?

If yes check the DMA setting for buffer copy. It has to be large enough.

What is your display resolution ? May be you can configure your frame buffer equal to the display resolution.

Hope this may help !

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Friday, April 4, 2014 7:53 AM
  • Dear Misbah,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Display resolution is 800X480. I configured the frame buffer size equal to the display resolution, but still flickering exists.

Thanks & Regards,

Sowmya

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:30 AM
  • What about the other things which i suggested ?

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:55 PM