Installing Orcas on Vista Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm itching to try LINQ.  The March CTP release appears to be my ticket.  But there is an issue.  According to what I've read in various blogs, I should install the VPC image because my OS is Vista.  Unfortunately, VPC 2007 does not run on Vista Home Premium which is what I have.  What are my options aside from upgrading to Vista Ultimate?

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:35 AM

Answers

• Marking this thread as answered because it is over 5 months old.  If this is still an issue, please mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks,

Karen

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:30 AM

All replies

• Upgrade to Vista Business? *ducks*

If there is no CTP Bit that is not an image and you don't have a dual boot of XP you're probably going to go nowhere rather quickly unless you something like VMWare can read VPC images - which I somehow get the feeling they won't be able to. Vmware has some free stuff but I've not played around with it so I do not know what it is capable of doing.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:26 AM
  • Perhaps I should just try the May 2006 CTP for now.  Do you know if that has a problem with Vista Home Premium as well?  Man, I wish I still have my XP pro Sad  This Vista thing is more of a nuisance than anything else.

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 1:36 PM
  • Marking this thread as answered because it is over 5 months old.  If this is still an issue, please mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks,

Karen

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:30 AM