Need to increase the size of C - Desperate! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a server in production within Azure and need to increase the size of the C drive. Please help as I need this done today! No drive space left even after a cleanup. If you could call thta would be great! 757-894-2046

Bobby

• Moved by Qin Dian Tang - MSFT Friday, December 14, 2012 3:42 AM (From:Windows Azure Storage, CDN and Caching)
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:40 PM

Answers

• I tried to do an easy remedy and build a new server. It seems servers are built with a default of 30G C drives. How can I get the C drive to be 120G on a new server and I will just use that from scratch?

Bobby

• Marked as answer by Umphlett Friday, December 28, 2012 1:12 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Hi

You can resize but it not straight forward. Refer to this post to understand the steps on increasing the size of C drive.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I dont think there is a way to increase the drive size, but you can add another drive and move data to it.

What are you using the servier for? What do you have installed on it?

Regards

Alan

Free e-book: Windows Azure Service Bus Developer Guide.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 1:45 PM
  • THANKS for the quick response!

• I have moved everything possible to another drive (E)
    • Loan and Title software – new customer
    • QuickBooks, SQL, Title SW

Is there a way to build another VM with 120G C and 1TB E and vmotion it over to it?

Once again, thanks for your quick response.

Bobby

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:19 PM
  • I tried to do an easy remedy and build a new server. It seems servers are built with a default of 30G C drives. How can I get the C drive to be 120G on a new server and I will just use that from scratch?

Bobby

• Marked as answer by Umphlett Friday, December 28, 2012 1:12 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Hi

You can resize but it not straight forward. Refer to this post to understand the steps on increasing the size of C drive.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:12 AM