App Service ASDK - Failed RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to deploy App Service into ASDK Latest Version and not having much luck with it. The wizard running for may be more than 4 hours and stuck at Deploy App server Stage. By looking at the logs, its going through a loop of "Deploy app service"? The logs states that the deployment failed, but its still runs with an entry "Deployment status: Running".

No error reported on the tool or onthe Azure Portal (APPSERVICE-LOCAL) resource group. I see that all the APP Services VMs are provisioned on the portal, and i could login into CN0-VM. However I couldnt see any Web cloud console on the desktop. The Host has enough of RAM and HDD.

[12540:10710][2017-07-24T13:12:09]: [Websites]: Deployment status: Failed. Last updated: 1:12:09 PM. Total elapsed time: 00:44:40

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:22 AM

Answers

• Yes. Please delete the Resource Group (e.g. APPSERVICE-LOCAL)  and delete the SQL databases and logins (or use new SQL Server instance)

For your reference : To cleanup App Service deployment :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/01880c78-dad1-4072-95ab-96edfdd10162/app-service-rp-failure-on-tp3r?forum=AzureStack

VM Size - A2 should be good, provided you have latest image from market place.
    Monday, July 24, 2017 11:20 PM
  • Just an update, I have successfully deployed the APP SERVICES on ASDK today. The issue was with the MEMORY warning (Weird), as the server has 60% un-used memory the capacity dashboard was throwing an error. Not sure how Azure stack calculates the memory? Also, considering the server has more room, but the VM creation was timing out? Any idea why?

Region has consumed more than 65.00 % of available memory. Creation of Virtual Machines with large amounts of memory may fail.

I have deleted the APP Services resource group and re-deployed again with the following specs:

1. All the VMs are D1 V2 and except the Management controller on A2 VMs.

2. Ensured the App Service VMs password is meeting the password complexity requirements.

Thanks for you help!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:12 AM

All replies

• It failed finally with the following errors. Just FYI, i have already deleted the resource group and re-ran the script and failed. 

<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0; URL=/Error/UE_JavaScriptDisabled' />

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"InternalExecutionError\",\r\n \"message\": \"Failed to detach provisioning ISO for VM 'sharedworkertier_0'\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

<meta http-equiv='refresh' content='0; URL=/Error/UE_JavaScriptDisabled' />

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VmProvisioningTimeout\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM 'MN1-VM' failed to provision with timeout.\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"InternalExecutionError\",\r\n \"message\": \"Failed to detach provisioning ISO for VM 'MN0-VM'\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VmProvisioningTimeout\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM 'FE0-VM' failed to provision with timeout.\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VmProvisioningTimeout\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM 'CN0-VM' failed to provision with timeout.\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VmProvisioningTimeout\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM 'FS-VM' failed to provision with timeout.\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"VmProvisioningTimeout\",\r\n \"message\": \"VM 'FTP0-VM' failed to provision with timeout.\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"},{"code":"Conflict","message":"{\r\n \"status\": \"Failed\",\r\n \"error\": {\r\n \"code\": \"ResourceDeploymentFailure\",\r\n \"message\": \"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"DeploymentFailed\",\r\n \"message\": \"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.\",\r\n \"details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"code\": \"Conflict\",\r\n \"message\": \"{\\r\\n \\\"status\\\": \\\"Failed\\\",\\r\\n \\\"error\\\": {\\r\\n \\\"code\\\": \\\"ResourceDeploymentFailure\\\",\\r\\n \\\"message\\\": \\\"The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.\\\",\\r\\n \\\"details\\\": [\\r\\n {\\r\\n \\\"code\\\": \\\"InternalExecutionError\\\",\\r\\n \\\"message\\\": \\\"Failed to detach provisioning ISO for VM 'sharedworkertier_0'\\\"\\r\\n }\\r\\n ]\\r\\n }\\r\\n}\"\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n ]\r\n }\r\n}"}]}

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:38 AM
  • Hi

What Windows Server 2016 VHD are you using for this? If you downloaded the syndicated image from the Azure Marketplace, please delete and download it again. We see these timeouts because the App Services VMs will download the Windows patches and install them. The current patch package from 7/11 is now over 1GB and takes a long time to download.

The syndicated Windows Server 2016 image was updated last week and has this package already installed, as well as the .NET 4.7 update. 

• Proposed as answer by Daniel TIZON Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:52 AM
    Monday, July 24, 2017 2:37 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

I had a TimeOut issue too. I buit my 2016_DataCenter image by my own with the July CU,...maybe it was not enough,...possible it doesn't contains the 1GB update you mention. In my next try I will use the ones coming from the marketplace.

What is your advices for a next step ?

- Delete the content of the ResourceGroups who contains all the VM created by the App Service RM?

- Delete the tables created or use a new clean SQL Server?

- Relaunch the setup with default VM size value or with allocating more memory on CN0, FE0, FTPO VM (they have only 1792Mb)...

Thanks for your help

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:30 PM
  • Yes. Please delete the Resource Group (e.g. APPSERVICE-LOCAL)  and delete the SQL databases and logins (or use new SQL Server instance)

For your reference : To cleanup App Service deployment :

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/01880c78-dad1-4072-95ab-96edfdd10162/app-service-rp-failure-on-tp3r?forum=AzureStack

VM Size - A2 should be good, provided you have latest image from market place.
    Monday, July 24, 2017 11:20 PM
  • Got it, i have created my own image for this. Not from Syndicate.
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:06 AM
  • Just an update, I have successfully deployed the APP SERVICES on ASDK today. The issue was with the MEMORY warning (Weird), as the server has 60% un-used memory the capacity dashboard was throwing an error. Not sure how Azure stack calculates the memory? Also, considering the server has more room, but the VM creation was timing out? Any idea why?

Region has consumed more than 65.00 % of available memory. Creation of Virtual Machines with large amounts of memory may fail.

I have deleted the APP Services resource group and re-deployed again with the following specs:

1. All the VMs are D1 V2 and except the Management controller on A2 VMs.

2. Ensured the App Service VMs password is meeting the password complexity requirements.

Thanks for you help!

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 2:12 AM
  • Thank you Jeff and Alok. It's working now following your steps.
    It's seems mandatory to take the last image to prevent the timeout
    Changing the VM to A2 was I guess a double security, but had maybe helped too.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:59 AM