Azure stream analytics output headers case sensitivity? RRS feed

• Question

• I have query in my job

SELECT
     [SomeChar]
    ,[SomeInt]
    INTO [OutCsv]
    FROM [InCsv]

The output goes to a Azure blob storage. My CSV output displays the column header as

somechar, someint

But I need,

SomeChar, SomeInt

Which is what is in input csv as well.

I even tried outputting it to JSON event serialization format but it doesn't preserve the case sensitivity of the field names. I want to preserve the case sensitivity throughout my application. Is there a way in Azure stream analytics to force this?

Subash.S

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:45 PM

Answers

• Currently this is a limitation - Stream Analytics lowercases column names (except SELECT * queries). We are planning to expose a configuration option to preserve case sensitivity in the future.

Thanks,

Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 6, 2016 10:10 PM

All replies

• Currently this is a limitation - Stream Analytics lowercases column names (except SELECT * queries). We are planning to expose a configuration option to preserve case sensitivity in the future.

Thanks,

Kati

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 6, 2016 10:10 PM
  • Has this configuration option been exposed yet?  Everything we have on input and output of stream analytics is proper casing yet stream analytics keeps trying to insert into our Azure Storage Table as lowercase.
    Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:04 PM
  • Sorry we haven't updated this thread. We released a fix earlier this year to keep column case when you set the ASA job to compatibility level 1.1 (so existing deploying won't be affected by a change of this behavior introduced few years ago). More info on our job compatibility doc.

Thanks,

JS

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 5:11 AM