what is the process for refining search results in sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to refine for search results in sharepoint 2013 like flipcart and kindly suggest me 

the possible solutions.

Thanks

Razvi

Razvi444

• Edited by Razvi444 Wednesday, October 9, 2013 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Razvi444,

It seems you want to display search result in a chart, or based on the result, use a chart to display the result?

If so, based on my understanding, SharePoint by default doesn’t provide this way to show the result, you may consider customizing chart web part, find the search box value, then custom query to get the search result, then use the data to generate the chart instead.

More information, get search result:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a03b153-1cce-466d-898c-f17309cd7104/how-to-get-search-results-data-programatically

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Friday, October 18, 2013 7:56 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Razvi444 Friday, October 18, 2013 11:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Razvi444 Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Razvi444 Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:55 AM
    Monday, October 14, 2013 2:31 AM
  • Hi,

I think chart is used for displaying graphics and i need to display search results according to filters i provided in search refining web part and is there any specific procedure for extra refiners with checkboxes to web part. Is it possible through sharepoint configurations or we need to write explicitly and if it is possible through configurations kindly provide the possible steps.

Thanks

Razvi444

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Are you trying to filter your search results according to what refinements have been selected in the refinement web part? If so you can use the search refinement web part to select what filters you want to use (simply choose from the list of available refiners or add more of your own through search schema). You can also use a different display template to allow the checkboxes to appear in order to be able to select multiple refiners. I multi-value refinement item is the template that allows you to do that by default.
    Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:24 PM
  • Hi 

I need to add custom refiners and how i need to add values to the refiner and i have solution like mapping crawled properties to the managed property or by using meta data and I am looking for proposed solution.

Thanks

Razvi 444

Razvi444

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:44 AM