none
Bing Maps Option : disableMapTypeKeyboardInput RRS feed

• Question

• If i have got this right, reading the bing v8 API, I should be able to disable the keyboard input which changes the map type using the following map Options object: disableMapTypeKeyboardInput: true

However it does not appear to work, I can still press 'A', 'H', 'R' etc to switch map type views. It does not appear to make any difference if I set the options during or after map creation. 

Since the keyboard events appear to have been removed from the API I've managed to attach a keypress event to the map div and this appears to fire as expected.  Unfortunately I need access to the 'S' and 'C' keys to fire my custom event and not change the map view.

Has anyone used this option at all?

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 2:23 PM

Answers

• The looked into this. The disableMapTypeKeyboardInput was never officially supported and wasn't meant to be documented. It has since been removed. It is recommended to use the disableKeyboardInput option. 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:12 PM

All replies

• Looks like this is a new issue. I'll log this as a bug with the team. There is another map option which disables all keyboard input which may be an alternative:

disableKeyboardInput: true

• Marked as answer by Andrew Fergus Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Andrew Fergus Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 4:34 PM
  • The looked into this. The disableMapTypeKeyboardInput was never officially supported and wasn't meant to be documented. It has since been removed. It is recommended to use the disableKeyboardInput option. 

Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:12 PM
  • Thank you! It works perfectly.

The API v8 reference refers to disableMapTypeKeyboardInput so this will need updating. - EDIT it looks like this has been sorted too.

Thanks again.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:11 AM