none
project server 2010: "new update" message appears after updating project using PSI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an already existing project created on project professional. I am updating this project using the PSI but when I open the project after on project professional, I receive a message that says:
    "1 new update(s) have been accepted for this project. Would you like to close the project and apply these updates?"

Why is this message appearing? How can I apply the updates automatically and not receive this message anymore? Even if I pick yes for this message, nothing happens. I have to open the project again and I get the same message again.

Regards,
    George
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hello George,

after UpdateStatus and SubmitStatus over PSI, do you approved the actuals in the PWA ApprovalCenter ? (You can create a rule for automatically approval, this have to be done for every PM separately). After approving there should be no message anymore.

Greets
    Maik

• Marked as answer by geo_d Monday, February 14, 2011 3:42 PM
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Hi George,

I could reproduce manually what you describe as "Even if I pick yes for this message, nothing happens. I have to open the project again and I get the same message again." This happens, if project is checked out. After forcing check-in, no message appears when opening and approved updates are applied.

Could your project als be checked-out?
    Barbara

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi George,

it is the same behaviour without PSI. If a resource updates progress and PM does approve, PM has to publish the plan afterwards. So if you are already working with PSI, add a "Publish" after accepting updates and you should be fine.

Regards
    Barbara

Monday, February 14, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

I am publishing the project after changing it but I still get this message. Do you have any other suggestions to what may be causing this?

Regards,
    George
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Hi George,

are you using the same account for publishing as you used for approval?

Regards
    Barbara

P.s.: I am not sure, if this is still important in 2010, but it has been some time ago for 2007. When Project Manager A approved updates for Project B, it was not sufficient if Project Manager B published this project.

Monday, February 14, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Yes the same account is used for publishing and approvals. In addition, the approvals are automated in my case (by enabling a server setting that automates approvals).

Regards,
    George
    Monday, February 14, 2011 1:46 PM
  • Hello George,

after UpdateStatus and SubmitStatus over PSI, do you approved the actuals in the PWA ApprovalCenter ? (You can create a rule for automatically approval, this have to be done for every PM separately). After approving there should be no message anymore.

Greets
    Maik

Monday, February 14, 2011 1:53 PM
  • Hi George,

I could reproduce manually what you describe as "Even if I pick yes for this message, nothing happens. I have to open the project again and I get the same message again." This happens, if project is checked out. After forcing check-in, no message appears when opening and approved updates are applied.

Could your project als be checked-out?
    Barbara

Monday, February 14, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Hi Barbara. I have the same problem with approved updates. Is it a know behaviour or exists and update to apply and solve this problem?

Greetings, Sebastián.-

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:14 PM