How to add Custom Authentication which integrates all the social media authentication? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

am developing a W8 app using C# and XAML

from my app i want to share some info on social networking sites like Facebook, Google+ and twitter.

For my app i have created pages in Facebook, google+ and twitter,

I have a share button to share the info,

If a user Clicks share button it should go to facebook, google+ and twitter pages.

How to integrate all the authentication into my own custom authentication?

any API's for this??

Friday, October 11, 2013 7:43 AM

Answers

• Your app doesn't need to know anything about the share targets. It should just share the data and let the user decide.

The user will be able to choose from any share targets they have set up on their system that accept the data. Users who have configured FaceBook will be offered FaceBook as a share target. Users who have configured Twitter will have Twitter offered as a share target. Those who have configured Contoso will have Contoso offered as a share target.

--Rob

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:54 PM

All replies

• Hi.

Each social network have own authorization API. Read documentation.

Or try to use share link task

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:14 AM
  • I know that Each social network have own authorization API

i know how to use OAuthentication 

my question is how to integrate all those into one custom authentication..

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Your app doesn't need to know anything about the share targets. It should just share the data and let the user decide.

The user will be able to choose from any share targets they have set up on their system that accept the data. Users who have configured FaceBook will be offered FaceBook as a share target. Users who have configured Twitter will have Twitter offered as a share target. Those who have configured Contoso will have Contoso offered as a share target.

--Rob

Friday, October 11, 2013 2:54 PM