none
IKinectControl and IKinectController, etc sample RRS feed

• Question

• (Originally posted in the DPP forum - asked to move here)

Wondering if there are any samples for the IKinectControl stuff - trying to figure out how I can make my own WPF custom control that I can put inside a KinectRegion that can be pressed.

I could just make a custom control that I put as the content on a Button...but seems like that's not the best way to do things.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 11:37 AM

All replies

• If you subclass a control that we've built in knowledge about in the controls layer, it will work automatically.

If you subclass a control without Kinect interaction support, you'll need to implement an interface.

Perhaps you can tell us:

1) what control are you building?

2) where in the class hierarchy is it?

3) what interaction do you want to support (press, scroll, etc...)

Thanks, Rob

Rob Relyea [MSFT] http://twitter.com/rrelyea

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:33 PM
  • Basically I want to create a control that will contain an image and labels on it. I want to throw a number of those inside a scroll viewer and be able to receive a 'Press' event when the user presses on one.  Not sure if a custom control, User Control is the best option.

For now I've just created a UserControl that has the image/labels on it - that I then put as the content of a button.  But it would be nice to have a self-contained control that I can just add to a form/panel and wire up a press event without having to put it in a button control.

Friday, October 17, 2014 1:25 PM