The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Cannot access VM via RDP RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot access my Windows 10 Pro N 1809 VM via RDP after running the Microsoft Software Repair Tool in the VM instance.

Does anyone know what's up? Boot Diagnostics shows my desktop, so the system boots. Just the Remote Desktop app can't "see" my computer is on. All firewall settings are set to allow RDP.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 1:43 PM

All replies

• RD Client (Android) returns the following error code: 0x104. PC cannot be found.
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 2:05 PM
  • Could be a Windows firewall issue. Try to set the rdp port again from the portal, using the SetRDPPort command.

Other than that, you can re-deploy the VM from the portal and see if the RDP gets fixed.

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi Jeb,

You would need to set the network security group rules to allow for RDP for the subnet as well as the network interface of the VM. Just double checking. If that's all set I too would suggest redeploying the VM.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/security-overview

hth

Rav

BLOG | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Edited by F1317 Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:10 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 4:09 PM