ASF Demuxing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently facing a situation where I have an ASF network stream with embedded H264 (video) and Mpeg2 Audio streams.

The fact is I tried to grab the stream to get a sample file, and I didn't find any media player able to read it! The only one capable seems to be VLC (which is open source!).

Then I tried to to use GraphEdit, and when I try to use ASF Reader with my file, I get an error saying that it can't open my file...

So at this point, I'm not able to play a single ASF file..

My Question is: what should my graph look like to be able to play an ASF stream  ? And how to configure it like I'm able to do it in the case of a MPEG TS with MPEG2 Demux, with decoders ?

Please consider I'm using only DirectShow, and not Windows Media Player COM Components at all. I'm working on an application capable of rendering DVB-IP / ASF audio/video streams.

Regards.

Monday, May 14, 2007 3:08 PM

All replies

•  

can you send the graph of your ASF network stream . this site has problem .

Thursday, May 17, 2007 12:22 PM
  •  François MAESEELE wrote:

Hi,

I'm currently facing a situation where I have an ASF network stream with embedded H264 (video) and Mpeg2 Audio streams.

The fact is I tried to grab the stream to get a sample file, and I didn't find any media player able to read it! The only one capable seems to be VLC (which is open source!).

Then I tried to to use GraphEdit, and when I try to use ASF Reader with my file, I get an error saying that it can't open my file...

So at this point, I'm not able to play a single ASF file..

My Question is: what should my graph look like to be able to play an ASF stream  ? And how to configure it like I'm able to do it in the case of a MPEG TS with MPEG2 Demux, with decoders ?

Please consider I'm using only DirectShow, and not Windows Media Player COM Components at all. I'm working on an application capable of rendering DVB-IP / ASF audio/video streams.

Regards.

I am pretty sure h264 is limited to the MOV file format. If I am correct, then the open source player may be able to playback both asf and mov files which is would explain how it could play back your file. I would try streaming back using a simple WM profile for encoding first. Not sure what you use for streaming vs writing but it has to be similar to writing an asf. You use IConfigAsfWriter and call ConfigureFilterUsingProfile to write an asf file using a windows media profile.

-Mike Luongo

Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:41 PM