401 unauthorised error when accessing an anonymous published site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a publishing site - the default adventure works one. Anonymous access has been enabled at the web app level and the site level. I then copy the default.aspx page in SP designer and rename it to home.aspx. When I try to access this new page I get windows prompted instead of anonymous access.

Thoughts anyone ?

AJC999

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:56 AM

Answers

• Turns out I needed to start a workflow, check the the status button on the ribbon bar and change the status of the approval to completed (note account to approve must have a vailed email address). Only then does it work.

Cheers

AJC999

• Marked as answer by AJC999 Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:07 PM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you add any web part on the Home.aspx page or its a replica of default.aspx?

If you have modified home.aspx page then make sure content on the page should be accessible anonymously. 

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Saturday, March 3, 2012 3:55 AM
  • Turns out I needed to start a workflow, check the the status button on the ribbon bar and change the status of the approval to completed (note account to approve must have a vailed email address). Only then does it work.

Cheers

AJC999

• Marked as answer by AJC999 Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:07 PM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:07 PM