none
Failed getting protected volume configuration with error 1 RRS feed

• Question

• How to update disk id for GPT?

for MBR i change the disk id under HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Ewf\Parameters\Protected\Volume0 

copy the disk id from \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices and all worked fine.

but for GPT how or where do i need to change?

Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:06 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

what exactly is the reason why you want to change the ID of the protected volume in registry?

When you have imaged a new System you have to disable the EWF before you capture the image exactly due to the reason that the Partition ID is changed after deploying an image to a new machine.

After deploying the image to a new System you can configure the EWF via Script (EWFMGR) and you have already the right Partition ID in the config.

best regards

Friday, March 16, 2018 10:34 AM
  • Dear Marcel,
    I built an Image from Virtual Machine and the EWF has disabled, Usually when i copy the image to a system with c drive as MBR everything works fine, i just need to copy the disk id from the registry under mounted devices and set it under EWF\...\Volume0.
    My question is how to do it to a system that c drive is GPT, on that system i can not change the disk id.
    Even if i am using disk part i only will see the GUID and therefore i can not set it on Volume0.
    Is there any option to set the disk id ? where i can find it ?

Thanks

Friday, March 16, 2018 1:27 PM
  • If I understand what you are doing, is create an image in a Virtual Machine than copy it to a real system. Is that correct? If so, why not just install on a real system to avoid the problems the VM is introducing?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Saturday, March 17, 2018 3:23 PM