SIGNALR Question RRS feed

• Question

• User-1734364645 posted

I am contemplating building an application using SIGNALR. I've been doing some research and it seems that MS has come with SignalR Core. I need some direction. I am trying to build an application that interfaces with another application via SQL Server. The other application requires ASP.NET 4.0 framework to work. Should I build my application using ASP.NET core? Can I use ASP.NET core? If I do go in that direction can I install ASP.NET core on the server? I obviously am confused about all this. Can someone help me understand this?

Saturday, September 29, 2018 4:17 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi asp_is_fun_time,

The other application requires ASP.NET 4.0 framework to work. Should I build my application using ASP.NET core?

If your client application is built with .NET framework, I recommend using ASP.NET SignalR, not using ASP.NET Core SignalR. You can get more information and examples in ASP.NET SignalR site.

Besides, if you would use SignalR 2, it is only supported on .NET Framework 4.5. You can check this article to know what clients and servers are supported by SignalR.

With Regards, 

Fei Han

Monday, October 1, 2018 2:33 AM
  • User1281381861 posted

SignalR can work very well with WebForms/MVC as well.

Saturday, November 24, 2018 3:36 PM