connecting windows store application application to localhost

Question

• I'm trying to connect my windows store application to mysql database hosted on localhost. Data Connection is successful but I can't resolve Mysqlconnection function. I tried to add mysql.data reference but it didn't appear in the options. I tried adding MySql.Data.MySqlClient namespace but it didn't resolve. I have installed mysql visual studio plugin 1.1.1.

P.S I'm not sure if I chose the right forum category.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Aiman,

SQLite is suggested in Windows Store App but I don't think MySQL is supported.

Furthermore you can not connect to localhost in Windows Store App.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 29, 2014 11:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Aiman,

Is your issue related to Project, the Microsoft scheduling and planning application? In case it is not, please post your question to the appropriate forum in order to have help from experts.

Here is a mysql forum: http://forums.mysql.com/

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:10 PM
  • Hi Aiman,

SQLite is suggested in Windows Store App but I don't think MySQL is supported.

Furthermore you can not connect to localhost in Windows Store App.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 29, 2014 11:29 AM