none
Kinect set up for extremely large screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm not very sure if I should ask this question here, since it not seems to be software related.

Our company is trying to use the Kinect on a very large screen, from 150 inch to 200 inch. The screen might be more than 2 meters in height. In that case, could the Kinect works properly? Are there any other solution for that (like Kinect Fusion? I don't know)?

Thanks in advance!

道に迷ったら、探しにおいでよ、夢でであったら...

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:37 AM

All replies

• Screen position and Kinect position are not necessarly related.

You can have a large screen placed in height and a Kinect at human level.

Just keep in mind people will move/interact according the display and won't bother for Kinect position. So when pointing a the screen, their arm may point up and move widely for side to side.

Hope this helps

Vincent Guigui Innovative Technologies Expert at OCTO Technology MVP Kinect

Monday, November 11, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Thanks for your answer!

But it's rather bother me where to set up the Kinect. Should I put it above the screen(in the middle)? Or by the side(left or right ride lower)? If I set up it by the left/right side, would the kinect work properly? Anyway, I could not put it in front of the screen, it's really sad if there's a kinect in the center of the stage or block the screen...

道に迷ったら、探しにおいでよ、夢でであったら...

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:19 AM
  • Kinect Depth sensor range is minimum 800mm and maximum 4000m. For choosing the place for your kinect is related to your project scenario. I developed an application for the large screen but over that scenario we put the Kinect at the top of the screen. You may adjust the Kinect range by your Z coordinates in the skeleton tracking scenario. 
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:40 AM