How to call Stored Procedure using Code Only RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Code Only feature and need to call Stored Procedure. I have pass parameter Stored Procedure return 2 entity.

Help me ! how to achieve this.

Sunday, August 1, 2010 6:51 AM

All replies

• Samir,

As stated by Jeff in another post today: "Unfortunately, Code First doesn't yet support mapping to stored procedures on existing databases. This is on our radar though, so if you have any specific requests/requirements, do let us know!"

Thanks,
    Arthur

Thursday, August 5, 2010 1:01 AM
  • Hi Arthur,

Thanks. When it will be available ? We have extensive use of StorProc. What is Work around.

Monday, August 16, 2010 4:43 AM
  • We too have extensive stored procedure use in our application framework and eager await store procedure inclusion in the Code First approach.

Is there expectation for this to be included in the RTM of EF4?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 16, 2010 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

We're getting this feedback pretty consistently, it's not a definite but it's looking like we'll push to get stored procedure support in before an RTM.

Just to clarify, the '4' in CTP4 doesn't relate to EF4 which has already RTM'd (as part of Visual Studio 2010 & .NET Framework 4.0), the features in CTP4 will RTM in a future release.

~Rowan

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:05 PM
  • Rowan,

I am starting a new project and EDMX way has been ruled out as we don't want be doing all the XML writes to the edmx file.

We certainly are happy with Code Only approach but wanted to know is there a date with Stored Procedures on the horizon. 

Generally when is the CTP4 going to RTM through a service pack or otherwise.

Anxiously waiting...

akshay
    Saturday, October 2, 2010 5:49 PM
  • Hi Akshay,

We don't have any public dates for an RTM yet but we should be in a position to give more detail soon.

Unfortunately it's not looking like Stored Procedures are going to be supported in our first RTM release, we understand that this is a painful missing piece and it's on the top of the list of things to add in if time permits.

~Rowan

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:26 PM