error 550.derived/nortbots.thm RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to publish to a new server.  Following the old server/host being down too many times I have swtiched to another host but I can't seem to publish my website.

I am getting this error

550.derived.nortbots.htm:no such file or directory

Any ideas what this means please ?

Friday, June 4, 2010 4:27 PM

Answers

• This is pure guesswork, since you have provided no link to the page, no indication of the server type, nothing, but judging from the error message it appears that you may have had FPSE enabled on your previous server, but not on the new server.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    • Marked as answer by Wayne-I-M Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:05 AM
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:16 PM
  • See http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/articles/2008/10/22/01/nortbots.htm_error.aspx  for information on nortbots.htm

The 550 error probably is thrown because the server wants to display nortbots.htm as the action for the form, but cannot find the file - you probably did not upload it, and there is no obvious reason why you should.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:36 PM

All replies

• This is pure guesswork, since you have provided no link to the page, no indication of the server type, nothing, but judging from the error message it appears that you may have had FPSE enabled on your previous server, but not on the new server.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:16 PM
  • See http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/articles/2008/10/22/01/nortbots.htm_error.aspx  for information on nortbots.htm

The 550 error probably is thrown because the server wants to display nortbots.htm as the action for the form, but cannot find the file - you probably did not upload it, and there is no obvious reason why you should.

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:36 PM
  • Sorry for not giving the links - I didn't think it was needed for this type of error - my mistake
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:05 AM
  • 500 series are server side errors so hosting is always an issue. Consider in the future that no matter what the issue is you should provide a link since very few web questions don't need someone seeing the page to answer quickly & correctly,

MS MVP Expression Tutorials & Help http://by-expression.com
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:55 PM