how to find correlation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

Is there any tool inside sql that I can use to discover correlation between values?

I wanted to see a correlation between 2 columns on a single table I have…

ps: I know I can do a basic count and group by, but I was looking for a more advanced tool that I could use…

ps2: my stats skils are limited.

Monday, April 16, 2018 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi maca,

What's the meaning of "correlation" here?

If it is a mathematical relationship between two columns, please have a check following similar discussion:

Finding a mathematical relationship between 2 columns in a data set?

In terms of SQL Server Data Mining, you can use Data Mining to build model and check if the two columns belong to same category. SQL Server Data Mining is mainly used in predictive analytics.

For more information, please see: Data Mining (SSAS)

And you can share more exact requirement, so we can provide more helps.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:25 AM
  • Ideally I would like to automatically discover informative attributes; I would like to build models to predict churn based on multiple attributes.

But my stats skills are limited (also my data).

Let's say I have data of clients, I have, age, city, gender, and the target variable (0,1) which is if Client status is cancelled or active.

Can I easily upload a dataet of 10,000 rows? I was looking for a tutorial.

ps: My SSIS skills are good, but I ve never used any DM task.
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:47 PM