none
SD-card as mass storage Windows ce 6.0 slow mount to host RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a sd-card as a mass storage disk in my Windows ce 6.0 device (SAM9g45 - ADENEO BSP).

When the USB cable is attached to the host (Windows 7 64-bit) it takes around 20 sec before it pops-up in explorer on host.

Is this normal for Windows ce?

Monday, November 5, 2012 10:44 AM

All replies

• No, not a normal behavior.

There is a thread(s) running which is monopolizing the processor.

Build a debug version and see what is failing or consuming the processor time.

Your question is also not clear or complete at least to me.

Can you explain the same elaborately.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, November 5, 2012 11:06 AM
  • Hi Misbah,

Thank you for your rapid answer.

When i build a debug version it seems that (on cable attach) the timings goes wrong and the device does not connect properly.

I have also built and run the evaluation kit (Atmel SAM9G45-EK) for this processor with the same result.

Edit: I am running Windows ce 6.0 R3.

Immediately after i attach the cable the device shows up in the device manager as a mass storage device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" but it will not mount the disk directly. The disk is then mounted after 20 sec and shows up as a removable disk.

What type of thread could monopolizing the processor?

thank you in advance for your help

/Per

Monday, November 5, 2012 11:45 AM
  • I am trying to put my points with what i understood:

When you try to attach a USB cable (otg mode) from device to windows PC, you see the device getting mounted taking time ?

The default client driver is "Mass_Storage_Class" set ?

Yes, this will take some time, but 20 sec may be more.

You can try rebuilding the USB function driver in debug mode. There could be some function consuming more time (monopolizing processor).

You can also try optimizing the driver if an issue is identified.

You can also try the same in WinXP PC? Just to be sure that the driver in XP and 7 is OK.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, November 5, 2012 12:22 PM