Parser error on moving to windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User1321067677 posted

Hi 

I have a Dynamic Data site that ran quite happily on my hosting company's server. For various reasons they have just moved me to a Windows 2012 server. Everything works fine except for the Dynamic Data. I get the following error.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'GsAdminDynamicData.Site'.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="C#" CodeBehind="Site.master.cs" Inherits="GsAdminDynamicData.Site" %>
    Line 2:  
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /AdminDynamicData/Site.master    Line: 

My initial interpretation of this was that there was a file called GsAdminDynamicData.Site that had got lost or corrupted during the switch over.

I can get the Dynamic Data application to run happily on my local machine ( though not on the server) and I have hunted for both a file and a reference called GsAdminDyamicData.Site but cannot find it.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 1:56 AM

Answers

• User1644755831 posted

Hello mve,

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" CodeBehind="Site.master.cs" Inherits="GsAdminDynamicData.Site" %>

Could be related to naming issue. When I created to a new web app with master page this is what it gives me.

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.Site1" %>

Site1.master.cs refers to code behind file and WebApplication1.Site1 refers to the designer file which is as below.

namespace WebApplication1
    {

public partial class Site1
      {

Can you check your code behind file and see if it has GsAdminDynamicData name space and Site partial class?

Hope this helps.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:41 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

can yopu post the first line of your Site.master please.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:18 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

Also what version of Dynamic Data re you running is it .Net 3.5 SP1 or later?

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:19 AM
  • User1644755831 posted

Hello mve,

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="C#" CodeBehind="Site.master.cs" Inherits="GsAdminDynamicData.Site" %>

Could be related to naming issue. When I created to a new web app with master page this is what it gives me.

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1.Site1" %>

Site1.master.cs refers to code behind file and WebApplication1.Site1 refers to the designer file which is as below.

namespace WebApplication1
    {

public partial class Site1
      {

Can you check your code behind file and see if it has GsAdminDynamicData name space and Site partial class?

Hope this helps.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:41 AM
  • User-330204900 posted

good point Krunal.

Monday, June 8, 2015 3:36 AM