none
{"The message with Action 'http://tempuri.org/IInventoryReceiveService/GetTransferItemUOM' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actio RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have seen similar threads on this issue.

    I have added a new method to an existing web service .  After adding the method I have successfully test the web service using WCFTestClient but when I update the Web Reference in my project and try to run it I get the following error .

    {"The message with Action .....cannot be processed at the receiver, due to a ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. This may be because of either a contract mismatch (mismatched Actions between sender and receiver) or a binding/security mismatch between the sender and the receiver.  Check that sender and receiver have the same contract and the same binding (including security requirements, e.g. Message, Transport, None)."}

    Is there a document I can read as how to add the Web Reference.  ( I just used the  "update web reference " feature. 

    Now the I can use the older methods (created earlier) but not the new one.  any help is greatly appreciated. 

    Monday, February 11, 2013 9:34 PM

Answers

  • Hello,

    A "ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher" means the receiver could not process the message.

    This can be because:

    • You have different contracts between client and sender.
    • You're using a different binding between client and sender.
    • The message security settings are not consistent between client and sender.
    • The recevier contract not implementing the method being called
    • Latest version of the WCF service not deployed to the host server.

    Also, try to specify AddressFilterMode to Service class. For example,

    [ServiceBehavior(AddressFilterMode = AddressFilterMode.Any)]
    public class MyService : IService
    {
    }
    Hope, this will help you out. Feel free to contact in case of query.

    If this post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer. If this post is helpful please click Mark as Helpful.

    • Proposed as answer by Tejas T Friday, February 15, 2013 3:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Haixia_XieModerator Monday, February 18, 2013 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:55 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    A "ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher" means the receiver could not process the message.

    This can be because:

    • You have different contracts between client and sender.
    • You're using a different binding between client and sender.
    • The message security settings are not consistent between client and sender.
    • The recevier contract not implementing the method being called
    • Latest version of the WCF service not deployed to the host server.

    Also, try to specify AddressFilterMode to Service class. For example,

    [ServiceBehavior(AddressFilterMode = AddressFilterMode.Any)]
    public class MyService : IService
    {
    }
    Hope, this will help you out. Feel free to contact in case of query.

    If this post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer. If this post is helpful please click Mark as Helpful.

    • Proposed as answer by Tejas T Friday, February 15, 2013 3:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Haixia_XieModerator Monday, February 18, 2013 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:55 AM
  • Hello,

    A "ContractFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher" means the receiver could not process the message.

    This can be because:

    • You have different contracts between client and sender.
    • You're using a different binding between client and sender.
    • The message security settings are not consistent between client and sender.
    • The recevier contract not implementing the method being called
    • Latest version of the WCF service not deployed to the host server.

    Also, try to specify AddressFilterMode to Service class. For example,

    [ServiceBehavior(AddressFilterMode = AddressFilterMode.Any)]
    public class MyService : IService
    {
    }
    Hope, this will help you out. Feel free to contact in case of query.

    If this post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer. If this post is helpful please click Mark as Helpful.


    I was having a similar problem when I added a new method to my service. The new method showed up in dev but not when I deployed the indentical bits to our production server.  Setting the AddressFilterMode to Any appears to have solved this very vexing problem for me. Thanks so much!

    Scotty Boy

    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:46 PM