Modal Window Pop up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have many screens that have the add new button in the command bar. In all the screens (except for one) a modal window pops up when adding a new item.

The problem I am having is that I want that one screen to also pop up a modal window when pressing the add new button. I want to know how I can make the default modal window pop up like all the others? (I want to avoid adding a new modal window to the screen and then calling it if possible.)

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darryn

Friday, July 13, 2012 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Darryn

The Add & Edit popup modal window generated by LightSwitch by default. If you want to add a new item using the button called "AddAndEditNew" then you can able to see the modal window. If you use only "AddNew" button then the modal window will not appear. It add only a new row into your grid or list. Also make sure that If you use "AddAndEditNew" button its should not Override.

Regards...

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darryn Pan Monday, July 23, 2012 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Otomii Lu Monday, July 23, 2012 12:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Otomii Lu Monday, July 23, 2012 12:27 PM
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if you delete the button and add it again it should have the default function.

• Proposed as answer by babloo1436 Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:34 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 3:34 PM
  • You might have accidentally selected "Override Code" and created a subprocedure that is called when the AddNew or AddAndEditNew button is clicked. Darryn is right, deleting the button and adding it again might do the trick. If you're still having problems with it, right click the button in your screen designer > select "Override Code" > delete the override subprocedure. 

Hello, world.

• Proposed as answer by sj-- Friday, July 13, 2012 4:02 PM
    Friday, July 13, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Hi Darryn

The Add & Edit popup modal window generated by LightSwitch by default. If you want to add a new item using the button called "AddAndEditNew" then you can able to see the modal window. If you use only "AddNew" button then the modal window will not appear. It add only a new row into your grid or list. Also make sure that If you use "AddAndEditNew" button its should not Override.

Regards...

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

• Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darryn Pan Monday, July 23, 2012 10:10 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Otomii Lu Monday, July 23, 2012 12:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Otomii Lu Monday, July 23, 2012 12:27 PM
    Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Hi Rashmi,

Yes that indeed helped and worked for me. You are right by saying that the "AddNew" doesn't have a pop up modal window.

Thanks a lot again!

Regards,

Darryn

Monday, July 23, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Hi Darryn

You are most welcome.

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi

Monday, July 23, 2012 11:34 AM