Publish Cordova App

Question

• Hello,

I have made an app and I am trying to publish it in the Windows Phone Dev Center.

Now after many hours I'm stuck with the error: "The package identity associated with this update doesn't match what's in the uploaded package: "DoMoControl".

The info from this submission page state that my Package identity name is 30607KMDEV.DoMoControl, but when I fill this in in Visual Studio, it will give errors while building:

I have also tried to edit the .appxmanifest files manually, but they get overwritten each time I try to "Create App package.." to the store in Visual Studio.

Editing the config.xml manually gives the same error.

I did associate the app with the appstore, but still no luck.

I've tried on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 TP.

Please, does somebody has some advise for me?

Please ask if I need to provide more information.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Kevin M.

Monday, March 30, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• What version of Visual Studio/ Cordova tools are you experiencing this problem with?

If you have the latest VS 2015 & the Cordova tools installed, then firstly you can change the "target" in Visual Studio drop down to - Windows Phone (Universal) and then go to Project -> Store -> Associate app with Store. This will make you logon to your developer account from VS, reserve app name and then click Next until done. Doing this should automatically fill up the details for you and you don't have to do anything manually.

Btw, there was a similar problem with associating the app package with Windows, but that was resolved with CTP6 of VS 2015: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28950240/error3201-during-cordova-app-deployment-on-windows

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 1:21 AM
  • Thank you for your answer,

I am experiencing this problem in Visual Studio Ultimate 2015 Preview Version 14.0.22310.1 DP, Cordova version 4.3.0.

So I suppose I have the latest version installed. (I re-installed all of it on a clean windows installation.) 

Now I did what you explaind, from changing the target to Windows Phone (Universal), Project -> Store -> Associate app with the Store. I logged in, reserved app name and continued. Now this indeed filled in automatically the details. But when uploading the .appxupload file, I still have this error afterwards: The package identity associated with this update doesn't match what's in the uploaded package: "DoMoControl"

The following table shows the app info:

Package identity name - 30607KMDEV.DoMoControl

So I think it should be "30607KMDEV.DoMoControl", instead of "DoMoControl", but I have no clue how to... (Because I've associated app with the Store, and still no luck..)

(Now I've tried also to use CTP6 of VS 2015, but I can't open any Cordova projects with it. It seems that it doesn't contain Cordova yet?) 

Any further advice please?

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

For the app name association error, the issue was fixed with CTP 6 version of Visual Studio 2015, so that should really solve the problem. Can you try with a brand new app created with CTP6 and tell me what you see?

As far as the "can't open any Cordova projects" with CTP 6, can you create a simple app in the older version of VS/Cordova tools that you have and upload to me? That way I can check opening the project on CTP 6 and report the problem. Also, what error do  you get when you try to open the older project in CTP 6?

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Friday, April 03, 2015 9:34 PM