none
location app.config file after deploy RRS feed

• Question

• I have build an VSTO Word template. The settings for this template (path, values for variables) are saved in the app.config file as  User settings.

After build and deploy I would like to inform the system manager of my client how to modify these settings in case of modifications to these settings.

Where is this app.cofngi file located once the template is being installed on the client computer?

Thanks in advance.

Jim de la Combe

jim@factsandfiguresvof.nl

Jim de la Combe freelance VBA developer

Friday, July 20, 2018 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hello Jim,

How did you deploy the template? By ClickOnce or Windows Installer?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 23, 2018 5:39 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Terry,

In VS 2017 I chose the option "From CD or DVD ROM"

Hope that answers your question?

Kind Regards

Jim

Monday, July 23, 2018 2:17 PM
  • Hello Jim,

I think you could try searching 'app.config' keyword in your PC first,and filtering by date or some other information you know.

Best Regards,

yuki

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Yuki

I already did that. No results

What strikes me is that nothing can be found on the internet regarding this issue. Normally I would expect it to be in the same folder where the rest of the published files can be found.

Kind regards

JIm

• Edited by VBAjim Tuesday, July 24, 2018 7:09 AM
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:35 AM
  • Hello Jim,

As far as I know, VSTO project deployment does not support configuration file originally. We need do extra operation to add a configuration file while deploying and the operation will be different depends on how you deploy the project.

Please try to confirm with below document to check how you deploy the project. If both of them are not correctly, please detail how do you deploy the project.

Deploy an Office solution by using ClickOnce

Deploy an Office solution by using Windows Installer

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 8:25 AM