none
Win 7 ult installed after Win XP crash. Now extremely slow and freezes frequently RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Dell Dimension E310 that came with Windows Explorer and has all the hardware requirements listed above. A while back, my teenage son was playing a game somewhere in "My Space" (I had not known he was doing this). My computer got a deadly virus and crashed. I had taken it to someone to fix it and it came back with Windows 7 ultimate installed on it. He has since moved away. Now my computer freezes frequently/not responding, if left on for sometime it either freezes up altogether or becomes extremely slow - like dial-up kind of slow (well almost). I am not a computer genius but I can get around one pretty good all the same. Please tell me what to do to get this running properly. It is so slow it drives me nuts. I have tried defraging, memory enhancement or some such program, and I think I may have too many "built in" anti virus/firewall/and all that good stuff. but I don't see them all in my programs and I don't know what programs are safe to delete. Help!
    Friday, August 13, 2010 10:01 PM