Unable to open sharepoint site after changing password of windows account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

I have installed new sharepoint on one of my pc having windows server 2008 r2. I have used default administrator account to setup sharepoint 2010. Yesterday someone sit on my server & change the password of my administrator account which was expires. Now i am unable to open my sharepoint. 

I tried to reset the password again to the old one but that not worked.

How can i solve this issue?

Thursday, May 17, 2012 6:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It seems to be, latest password not updated in Sharepoint and IIS. You can update latest password in SP using below PS command.

Set-SPManagedAccount -Identity Domain\Account -ExistingPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString “xxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -force)

You can use STSADM too

stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin Domain\Username -password new password

Finally check windows services, if any of them using that account. If so, you can mannually set new password.

Regards

Vijo

• Proposed as answer by VinodKumar Pottal Friday, May 18, 2012 10:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by satish_p Friday, May 25, 2012 7:49 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:46 AM

All replies

• Are you able to log-on to the server with builtin administrator account?

If so, try to open "Central Administration" (by default the builtin administrator are members of "farm administrator" group) and verify the "site collection administrators" of your site collection.

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:50 AM
  • Hi Satish,

Ensure your SQL Server Agent for SharePoint DB instance are running.Its happen when you SQL access account bind with Windows LogOn.The state of this credentials changed when you change your windows account.After enable the TCP/IP from your configuration Manager of SQL Server.

Murugesa Pandian.,MCTS|App.Devleopment|Configure

Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

It seems to be, latest password not updated in Sharepoint and IIS. You can update latest password in SP using below PS command.

Set-SPManagedAccount -Identity Domain\Account -ExistingPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString “xxxxxxxxx" -AsPlainText -force)

You can use STSADM too

stsadm -o updatefarmcredentials -userlogin Domain\Username -password new password

Finally check windows services, if any of them using that account. If so, you can mannually set new password.

Regards

Vijo

• Proposed as answer by VinodKumar Pottal Friday, May 18, 2012 10:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by satish_p Friday, May 25, 2012 7:49 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:46 AM