none
Excel online x-frame-options RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When dubugging my office add-in in excel online it won't render in my browser.

The error message from my app is: "Add-in ErrorSomething went wrong and we couldn't start this add-in. Please try again later or contact your system administrator."

My browser console gives as Errors: Refused to display 'url to add-in' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'.

It seems it also a problem with sharepoint websites, but I'm not using .aspx. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks a lot

Emiel

Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Emiel,

Which web page you were using for the Office add-in? If the web page was developed by yourself, please make sure don't set the 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN' since the Office add-in using iframe to host the web page when we use the Office online.

The 'X-Frame-Options' should be set in the configure file based on the web technology you were developing with.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:03 AM