Free SharePoint add-in app upgrade to paid version of same ProductID? RRS feed

• Question

• I currently have a paid SharePoint add-in app in the MS store with a trial period. I would like to create a free version of the app with the same ProductID with limited functionality. Then if they decided to go to the paid version they would install that app and not lose their content. Is this possible as long as they both have the same ProductID and the paid version is a higher version number? Would the installer simply treat it as an upgrade? Thanks
    Friday, July 21, 2017 8:17 PM

Answers

• I have found an app that will allow me to import licenses on another thread, thanks!
    • Marked as answer by bitsmythe Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi bitsmythe,

>>I currently have a paid SharePoint add-in app in the MS store with a trial period. I would like to create a free version of the app with the same ProductID with limited functionality.

Does "MS store" here refer to "Office Store" ? 

Or it means "Windows Store" ?

Best Regards,

Annievia 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:49 AM
  • thanks for the reply. i believe a SharePoint app is only relevant to the office store. anyway, i've decided to go with a single app but use the license checking method described in documentation. i've managed to validate some test tokens from the service. the problem now is to be able to add test licenses to sharepoint for the app to check and then validate. there are lots of examples but none that will work for sharepoint online since those require c#. any ideas?
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:41 PM
  • I have found an app that will allow me to import licenses on another thread, thanks!
    • Marked as answer by bitsmythe Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 26, 2017 2:57 PM