2.3 Your app must not use its tiles, notifications, app bar, or the swipe-from-edge interactions to display ads RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, to me this is very clear don't use advertisements in my case the about-screen that can be accessed through the settings-charm. Though my app still failed this requirement.

I have a button in my about-screen that let's users access the Store app with a query that contains my Publisher name. See the attached screenshot.

I don't agree with the judgement that this is advertising. What do you think?

Best,

Mark Monster

Mark Monster Silverlight MVP

Friday, January 25, 2013 10:20 AM

Answers

• Hey Mark,

I do not know if you will like my comment but I feel honesty is the best route, and my opinion is, if you did not explain what this was, I would consider it an advertisement. My two pieces of copper on this would be to include in the testers notes what that is, just as you did in your post, and resubmit it. I am not a tester so I can not promise one way or another.

If it fails again, then I would be led to believe this is something they do not allow, and you need to remove it, but I would be curious to hear your results, and can easily see both sides of this, so thanks for the post!

-Robert

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 2:24 AM