Microsoft Academic Knowledge exact phrase search RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In another post (https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/d68e5b20-7066-4e19-a198-b9e2396db977/microsoft-academic-knowledge-api-substring-search?forum=mlapi) it was explained how Academic API can be used to search publications that match several keywords, e.g.,

evaluate?expr=And(W='xenograft', W='particulate')&attributes=Id,Ti,Y

But how can I search for a phrase, where not only the words, but also the word sequence, matters? I am interested in finding papers that quote exactly the text "Ecopath with Ecosim", not papers that contain the words 'Ecosim' and 'with' and 'Ecosim' because that may return irrelevant publications.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
    Jeroen

Friday, September 9, 2016 8:28 PM

All replies

• Just to add to this:

evaluate?expr=And(W='ecopath with ecosim')&attributes=Id,Ti,Y

comes up blank. Any suggestions? Thx!

Saturday, September 10, 2016 7:27 PM
  • Well, as for now it is not possible out of the box.

I can only suggest using the query from your example and manually filter papers on the client side where these words come together in one sequence. Yes, this is not a nice solution.

But, due to size of index/performance reasons we don't support "title contains words" operator now.

Again, thanks for your feedback, we may consider this feature for new releases.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

I see we currently do not provide this functionality at this time.  I have added this feature request to our public feedback forum.  Please take the time to add your vote to this idea/suggestion.  This will ensure you receive notifications and updates when the status changes.  

Thank you,  

Raymond

Friday, November 4, 2016 2:53 AM