none
WiFi adapter not populated on network control panel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are writing a wlan mini-port driver for WEC7.

This driver works well in following environment, and could see our network adapter in network control panel.

1. i.MX6Q board, Adeneo BSP v3.1.1.11, On-board Ethernet driver (BSP_ENET) is enabled.

2. i.MX6Q board, Adeneo BSP v3.1.1.15, On-board Ethernet driver (BSP_ENET) is Disabled.

Our driver is not working with following environment.

3. i.MX6Q board, Adeneo BSP v3.1.1.15, On-board Ethernet driver (BSP_ENET) is Enabled.

Observations for #3

I could see wireless GUI is showing wifi scan results, but while connection it fails.  Then I found that, I did not see any network adapter on network control panel, if I do #2, I could see a network adapter in network control panel and able to connect to Wifi AP.

Please share your thoughts if any, that we are missing here.  Thanks in Advance.

Srinivas Reddy. CH

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Answers

• Thanks Paul.

Finally i could make it work.  Issue was not related to our WiFi driver.

Builtin ether-net driver has a bug, which is acknowledging pending OID is not in all the cases, Only during media connect state it is acknowledging, which is leading to block-up NDIS layer for another adapter interface.

If I remove this condition while acknowledging the OID in the on board Ethernet driver, every thing works perfect.

Thanks.

Srinivas Reddy. CH

• Marked as answer by mrchsreddy Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:20 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hmmm. Is your driver installed in the registry correctly? Are the registry entries, perhaps, conflicting in some way with those of the Ethernet adapter? Interrupts? Memory addresses? Or perhaps you've named your driver the same as the Ethernet driver in one of the registry keys and the result is confusion concerning which driver is which?

The real insight will be gained when you build a DEBUG build of the OS and read the debug messages, perhaps comparing the working and non-working cases.

Paul T.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:28 PM
  • Thanks Paul.

Finally i could make it work.  Issue was not related to our WiFi driver.

Builtin ether-net driver has a bug, which is acknowledging pending OID is not in all the cases, Only during media connect state it is acknowledging, which is leading to block-up NDIS layer for another adapter interface.

If I remove this condition while acknowledging the OID in the on board Ethernet driver, every thing works perfect.

Thanks.

Srinivas Reddy. CH

• Marked as answer by mrchsreddy Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:20 PM
    Tuesday, August 30, 2016 12:20 PM