locked
running asp.net vb.net app on ubuntu 16.04 with mono-xsp RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1748689649 posted

    Hi! I'm trying to run asp.net (NOT core) vb.net app with mono-xsp on ubuntu 16.04 . Dot.net framework version 4.00. (There uses ado.net, sqlconnection, mssql-server) I can run a simple vb.net asp.net app without problems. But when i run my ready app, i'm catching these errors:( :

    System.ArgumentException Keyword not supported : 'version'.

    Description: HTTP 500.Error processing request.

    Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or object): System.Data. Exception stack trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.SetProperties (System.String name, System.String value) <0x41c9b4d0 + 0x00c0f> in :0 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.SetConnectionString (System.String connectionString) <0x41c9a6c0 + 0x00343> in :0 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString (System.String value) <0x41c9a640 + 0x0002b> in :0 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) <0x41c9a5e0 + 0x00028> in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection:.ctor (string) at Equipage.Core.eqSQLResourceDatabaseHelper.CheckResources (System.String ConnString, System.String ClassPath, System.String VirtualPath) <0x41c9a120 + 0x00077> in :0 at Equipage.Core.eqSQLResourceProviderFactory.CreateGlobalResourceProvider (System.String classKey) <0x41c982d0 + 0x0003b> in :0 at System.Web.HttpContext.GetResourceProvider (System.String virtualPath, Boolean isLocal) <0x41c97e40 + 0x000c6> in :0 at System.Web.HttpContext.GetGlobalObjectFromFactory (System.String classKey, System.String resourceKey, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) <0x41c97de0 + 0x0001b> in :0 at System.Web.HttpContext.GetGlobalResourceObject (System.String classKey, System.String resourceKey, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) <0x41c97d80 + 0x0003f> in :0 at System.Web.HttpContext.GetGlobalResourceObject (System.String classKey, System.String resourceKey) <0x41c97d20 + 0x0003f> in :0 at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.GetGlobalResourceObject (System.String className, System.String resourceKey) <0x41c97cf0 + 0x0001b> in :0 at ASP.default_aspx.__BuildControl_LocalizeUser () <0x41c97a70 + 0x000cf> in :0 at ASP.default_aspx.__BuildControl_PanelLoggedIn () <0x41c97580 + 0x001cf> in :0 at ASP.default_aspx.__BuildControl__bctrl_26 (System.Web.UI.Control __ctrl) <0x41c97280 + 0x00103> in :0 at System.Web.UI.CompiledTemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn (System.Web.UI.Control ctrl) <0x41c97250 + 0x00023> in :0 at ASP.site_master.__BuildControl_Header () <0x41c96e00 + 0x001df> in :0 at ASP.site_master.__BuildControl_PanelSystem () <0x41c966c0 + 0x0021f> in :0 at ASP.site_master.__BuildControl_PanelContent () <0x41c96010 + 0x000bf> in :0 at ASP.site_master.__BuildControl_form1 () <0x41c92040 + 0x003b3> in :0 at ASP.site_master.__BuildControlTree (ASP.site_master __ctrl) <0x41c902c0 + 0x00183> in :0 at ASP.site_master.FrameworkInitialize () <0x41c90270 + 0x00037> in :0 at System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal () <0x41c90220 + 0x00033> in :0 at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMasterPage (System.Web.UI.TemplateControl owner, System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) <0x41c7f480 + 0x003a3> in :0 at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master () <0x41c8fd40 + 0x00087> in :0 at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage () <0x41c8fc00 + 0x0003b> in :0 at System.Web.UI.Page.InternalProcessRequest () <0x41c73f20 + 0x003ab> in :0 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpContext context) <0x41c71ef0 + 0x001f3> in :0 Version Information: 4.2.1 (Debian 4.2.1.102+dfsg2-7ubuntu4); ASP.NET Version: 4.0.30319.17020

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:30 AM

All replies

  • User753101303 posted

    Hi,

    My understanding is that it finds an unexpected "version" keyword in your connection string ? Triple check your connection string or show it replacing sensitive values with ****.

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:41 PM
  • User1748689649 posted

    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="WebApplication.My.MySettings.DatabaseConnectionString"
    connectionString="server=0.0.0.0;Initial Catalog=*****;User ID=**;Password=********"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:52 PM
  • User1748689649 posted

    in simple app vb.net asp.net i've no problem with connectionString. I used this ConnectionString 

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:54 PM
  • User753101303 posted

    It's rreally the one you are using ? For example https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14462818/keyword-not-supported-version shows the same error message likely at the same place (try perhaps to change the connection string on a config that works to see if you end up with the same error message at the same place).

    Here the issue is about using a SQLite connection string which includes the version keyword with SqlConnection which doesn't support this "version" keyword.

    Tuesday, March 12, 2019 4:22 PM
  • User1748689649 posted

    I have already searched the internet and watched this answer. I tried everything already. And I do not use sqlLite !!!!! If I had found the answer on the Internet, I would not have written here ....

    Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:14 AM
  • User-1174608757 posted

    Hi  murtazo,

     According to your description,this exception means the version is not supported.However it seems no version message in your sqlconnection. So, I suggest you to update the version type of mono. I think it will help you.

    Best Regards

    Wei

    Thursday, March 14, 2019 4:37 AM