none
Design Patterns RRS feed

• Question

• While doing some coding in MVC framework I am thinking that we are implementing or using Design patterns everywhere in our codes and high level designing even we are not aware about the same... Is the design pattern are related somewhere with "objects"? like creating the object "creational", apply behavior "behavior" and correlation between objects are "structural"..

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:24 AM

Answers

• I have to say that not exactly because we was also implementing design patterns at the time of modular programming where objects are no where .. will proide more values on same

Ambesha

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:17 AM
  • I have to say that not exactly because we was also implementing design patterns at the time of modular programming where objects are no where .. will proide more values on same

Ambesha

Ambesha

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:18 AM
  • But the question is that we are also implementing DP when we are not using OOP and doing modular programing where object is nowhere .. where every example of DP over internet related with objects creation, structure and behavior ...

Ambesha

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:53 AM

All replies

Ambesha

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:17 AM

Ambesha

Ambesha

Thursday, August 30, 2012 9:18 AM
  • All design patterns one way or the other depends on how we use classes/objects without these DP can't be implemented. The way we create objects or it's behaviour can be controlled by using DP.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:26 PM
  • But the question is that we are also implementing DP when we are not using OOP and doing modular programing where object is nowhere .. where every example of DP over internet related with objects creation, structure and behavior ...

Ambesha

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:53 AM
  • Design patterns are proposed design solutions for commonly occurring problems. If you see each design pattern, they have a problem they are designed to solve. Even if every project is unique in its very nature, your solution will involve in creating objects, defining behavior and the entire object structure/interaction, and on all these you will find common problems such as how to create an object, who should create that? the client or should a third party be responsible to create it, how about the life time? should it die soon or should we maintain the object? How many instance of this class instance we need? and things like this are a common problem you will find it over and over in every project. And these design patterns will provide you a proposed solution. So i personally would say they have nothing to do with the object it self or the behavior itself. Objects are actual instance that maintain state and behavior of a given type but design patterns regardless of which category, are design solutions (proposed to be fair with its own pron and cons for that specific problem context). And with this i would like to mention that some design pattern you may find on books (might not be up to date) or may not contain workable examples. For instance: if you look singlton design pattern, some bloggers/book writers don't sometimes include the risk of having two or more instances if getinstance method is called by two or more threads at the same time.

Thanks,

BSharper

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Design patterns are about design and interaction of objects, as well as providing a communication platform concerning elegant, reusable solutions to commonly encountered programming challenges. All DP somehow use the classes/objects.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:47 PM