none
@Extension-Developers: Localizing your XML-files RRS feed

• General discussion

• Due there is a german Version of PowerExtension, I've found something out about localized xml-files that might interest you. Most of you supply this(just an example)

myExtension.dll

myExtension.xml

now, if there would be a german (Deutsch - therefor "De") version of this myExtension.xml you just need to supply

myExtension.De.xml

together in the same download-package. That goes also to the lib folder. Small Basic is smart enough to find out which localized xml the user needs. For the shorts of the languages refer SmallBasicLibrary.??.xml in Small Basic - folder.

The original (your english version with no localization in filename) will be used as default, if Small Basic is unable to find a localized version. That's all.

Email me at gmail.com (same username but no underscore!) if you are interested in a german translation of your extensions .xml-file. That's my 'thank you' for creating these extensions. 

I changed my password to "incorrect", so whenever I forgot what it was, the computer will remind me: "Password is incorrect"

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:04 PM

All replies

• wow nice

Greetings Timo

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:09 AM
  • Hi Rene Miner! I would love to have a German translation done of the Joysticks/ Game Controllers Extension (just 2 classes with only around 30 mehtods total). Would you like me to email you the source / XML / DLL? I really appreciate your help!

BTW I am doing a version en español. I think this whole localization thing is great --- more people can make use of our stuff!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:17 AM
    Answerer
  • @gungan37, I've seen your thread already, but I'm not familiar with espanol, lol, lol. You can proove yourself worthy getting a german translation of your works if you can figure out my Email-address from my post above. No underscore and no space either. It just needs to translate xml-files, dll's stay unchanged!  Please explain me just one thing: I downloaded SB_Joystick_v3, had to pre-install that SlimDX stuff, which I did. Now I unzip the folder, there's no ReadMe and there are 6 files, what's the *.pdb-stuff for and why is that almost 20MB SlimDX in there? Do I have to include this in any further program I'll write? Means, does SB copy all that to each and every folder where I save some SB-file?

@LitDev, since I have LitDev-Extension installed on my computer I already translated LitDev.xml to LitDev.De.xml in order to have SmallBasic "talk" completly german to the kids and to me. You can download it (including detailed bug-report) from here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3rrofk9gj0ab/n/LitDev_de_xml_zip

I changed my password to "incorrect", so whenever I forgot what it was, the computer will remind me: "Password is incorrect"

• Edited by Rene_Miner Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:43 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:38 PM
  • I cannot download this - type in capatcha several times and it takes me to advert screen where nothing happens.
    Sunday, October 21, 2012 5:56 PM
  • I cannot download this - type in capatcha several times and it takes me to advert screen where nothing happens.

I got it to download: here's a link you can use: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3lw0b0u8rn32lyd. I re-uploaded it to MediaFire. I hope that's OK with you René... if it isn't I will take it down.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:21 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank - got the file and added to extension zip.

Also thanks for the list of typos:

Hue is 0 to 360 - degrees

STD is STandard Deviation

"The shapes or buttons name." is correct - the image is applied to the shape or button.

ResumePause is incorrectly commented in the source causing the problem in XML.  It should be:

/// <summary>
            /// Resume a previously paused animated image.
            /// </summary>
            /// <param name="shapeName">
            /// The animated image shape name.
            /// </param>

The argument to ArcSin is the Sine of an angle (value from -1 to 1)

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:30 PM