Refreshing the page after a download RRS feed

• Question

• User483756418 posted
    Here is the problem. PageA has a link on it to preform a download of a file. The link sends them to PageB. PageB grabs several files, zips them up and using Response.BinaryWrite() offers the user a 'Save' option for the new zip file. It then records in the database a record of what was downloaded and when. So far so good. Once PageB is done the user is returned to PageA, in fact, just like they never left PageA. It is here that my problem exists. PageA has a user control that shows the date of when this user last downloaded the zip file. However, as PageA is never really left at all, it does not refresh after the download and therefore, the user control does not reflect the date of the last download correctly. If I hit 'Refresh' on the browser, of couse the correct date is shown. But that is not the point. I tried putting a Response.Redirect back to PageA at the end of PageB. In this case, the redirect works, but the Save box option does not happen at all. How can I make PageB do what is has to do, and have PageA refresh afterwards.
    Tuesday, March 16, 2004 8:50 PM

All replies

• User1651711768 posted
    Try "location.reload"
    Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:54 AM
  • User-150667735 posted
    Did you get it working?
    Saturday, April 3, 2004 4:50 AM