none
Project Online or On-Premises? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

Does anybody know how to differentiate between an Online or On-Premises system via the Url? A kind of HttpRequest?

What I did is get and HttpResponse and look for the Response.Host.Uri to know if it´s "login.microsoftonline.com", but I guess this would not be the best one option...

Any thought!??!

Thanks!

Friday, June 7, 2013 3:06 PM

All replies

• Miguel,

It doesn't sound like this has anything to do with customizing and programming Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. I suggest you delete this post and start over at the following:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whatforum/threads

John

Friday, June 7, 2013 8:00 PM
  • John,

You are not right. I´m developing an Add-in application for Project Professional 2013, and I would like to know if the Project Server instance I´m connecting on, it´s an online or on-premises.
    Why did you figure out what I am programming? Don´t understand...

Monday, June 10, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Miguel,

I based my comment on the fact that you did not tell us anything about an add-in for Project in your initial post. There was no mention of Project at all. We do tend to get a number of misguided posts on this forum. Now that you have given us additional relevant information, then yes, this may be the appropriate forum for your question. I'm sorry I can't help you but maybe someone else can.

Good luck.

John

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:23 PM
  • John,

With this new API Client of Project Server we are all of us, at least me, in a new world of customization of Project Server (HttpContext, Javascript, etc...) and discovering it, sometimes it´s a bit difficult due to the lack of documentation.

With the new possibilities Project Server 2013 , refering to Online or On-Premises features, with some new developments, we need to know by code in which kind of installation we are to provide one or another way to Authenticate to the Server, so I´m gonna ask again if anyone has misunderstood me:

Is there a way (by code) to know in which kind of Project Server we are (Online or On-Premises), just with the Url of the Project Server instance??

Thanks!

Monday, June 10, 2013 2:32 PM