[WP8.1]WP 8.1 Developer Phone Registration: Unable to connect to phone, IpOverUsbSvc not running RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

I am having a hard time trying to register my WP device (Lumia 640 - WP 8.1) to be able to debug on it.

Just for your information, I am working on a Windows 10 - Home Edition (ver. 1511, build 10586.63) with VS Community 2015 (ver. 14.0.24720.00 Update 1).

IpOverUsvSvc is running. I've tried restarting that service, restarting the phone and the computer but nothing worked.

Any ideas ?

Do I need to register the device with the computer I use for development or can I register it with another one ? I mean once it's registered on my dev account it shouldn't matter right ?

Thanks for your help folks!

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 10:13 AM

Answers

• Hi kimimsc,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

>>Developer Phone Registration: Unable to connect to phone, IpOverUsbSvc not running

I will recommend you unplug the USB cable and try a different port and also try a different USB cable, restarting the Windows Phone IP Over USB Transport service ro see if it works.

>>Do I need to register the device with the computer I use for development or can I register it with another one ? I mean once it's registered on my dev account it shouldn't matter right ?

Yes, it is ok to register it with another one. Each account can unlock three phones. If you need to change this up then you'll be able to remove registered devices in the developer portal on the web.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 8:21 AM