none
No Ads being displayed in Ad Unit RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have a new App, and published it a couple weeks ago.

However, I found there were no Ad Requests and Impressions for all Ad Units in this App.

I had a look at the settings for the Ad Unit, and found there is no "COPPA COMPLIANCE" section.

Anybody encounters the similar problem? Is this the reason why there is no Ads displaying for all Ad units in our App?

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 6:00 PM

All replies

• Same here. App was published a week ago and ad report is empty. No data at all. Test ads worked fine. There is no real ads i guess.
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:23 AM
  • Assuming you have some users that have downloaded the apps + are using them...

You may be suffering from any one of multiple issues, the only way to get much info is to contact MS support.

If 'Requests' are zero - either i) the adID is wrong or more likely ii) MS have failed to enable the Id properly - whatever it is they do during/after an app gets published to make ids 'live'.

If Requests are non zero then id probably live but downloads are in territories with v low fill rate - so no actual impressions.

(worldwide our dashboard says we currently have 50% fill on avg across our ad types - so there are ads out there + got alot better in 2018)

If you are trying to use anything other than 728x90 banner ads, full screen banner interstitials or video ads then fill rates are close to zero last we heard.

Right now our dashboard is only showing ads to 18th May, after that its showing 'incomplete' info, so this might be affecting your stats: yes we know that is nearly 2 weeks, but this is totally normal for MS - the man they send around on the bike to collect the info keeps getting a puncture.

COPPA is for apps targetted at children...

• Edited by bbjbbj Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Request are not zero but report says "There is currently no data for this report." So nothing not even single request etc but simply "no data".
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 10:22 AM
  • Hi Chris9991,

I believe the reason you see "no data" is because there is actually no such. In our case from 20.05.2018 the ad units are somehow blocked to show ads from the main ad provider AOL and AppNexus and all the daily request and impressions are calculated for our second choice for ad providers in mediation settings - Outbrain. So don't expect something to appear - I don't know if you have adjusted other ad providers for your ad units after AOL and AppNexus, but I believe not as you can't see any data even from other providers. The worst thing is that as is in my case I can't see how the data will be restored after all requests and impressions are calculated for another ad provider already and actually I can not see a single ad different from Outbrain, not a single AOL ad. Lost days, money too...something usual for MS of course... 

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:14 AM
  • IS SOMEONE WORKING ON THIS??? WILL WE GET SOME ANSWER, SOMETHING LIKE "YES, WE ARE WORKING ON IT, WILL BE FIXED IN A WEEK, TWO..."...SOMETHING...? The payouts are calculated with the broken data, as I wrote before it can not be restored as all ad requests are already calculated for other ad providers and not AOL and AppNexus. So just start displaying ads from AOL and AppNexus again please! Losing money every single day 2 weeks already! Shame.....

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:28 AM
  • Zdravei Milan2101,

Razrabotvam igri s priqteli za Microsoft. Kakto drugite kazvat nie syshto nqmame nikakvi danni za reklamite v novite ni prilojeniq. Ako iskash se svyrji s nas da obmenim opit. 0878230701

Friday, June 8, 2018 1:12 PM