Process Azure Analysis Services Tabular Model from Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am looking for ways to process Azure Analysis Services Tabular Model from Azure Data Factory? I don't want to use SSIS or Azure Functions. The preferred choice is doing it through SQL stored procedure or some other method.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, March 4, 2019 12:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Ankur,

Unfortunately at present there's no connector in ADF for Azure Analysis Services. You might have to resort to using a Logic App or an Azure Function or a Web Activity.

One way to do it using Logic App is explained in this blog.

Let us know if this helps. Else we can gladly continue to dive deeper.

MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:05 PM
  • I would also recommend you to provide feedback at the feedback forum. All the feedback you share, is closely monitored by the Data Factory Product team and implemented in future releases.

Also, Regarding service general availability, I would suggest to keep an eye on Azure updates.
    Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements. 

MSDN

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 12:08 PM
  • We can use Azure automation using power shell scripts by calling Azure analysis service rest api.

about Rest API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-async-refresh  

Monday, April 29, 2019 12:55 PM
  • At the moment I will use a Data Factory Web Job that calls the API described here. The think I don't really like here is that it's not native in Data Factory and using this API requires that the Service Principal is Administrator of the Azure Analysis Services resource.

I also raised a feature request idea here for info.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020 8:10 AM