none
How do I refer to only one of two standard modules with same name and from different projects when both show up in the Project Explorer at same time? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I refer to only one of two standard modules with same name and from different projects when both show up in the Project Explorer at same time?

When I clicked on a reference to a different access accdb file, forms and modules of both showed up in the Project Explorer as I wanted and needed while working on aStartWfrm.

BUT I ended up with two standard modules in Project Explorer with same name. 

SO I was unable to refer to which standard module I want to refer to. The two modules (in this case both called basUtil) 

varName23 (as dataBase fileName and project Name)    other aStartWfrm (as dataBase fileName and project name)  

Both have a standard module called basUtil

When I am done, I will uncheck the ref to varName23 accdb access file. But will make ref to varName23 on the next accdb file I create.

Any help on the syntax needed will be appreciated.

Mark J

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark,

Perhaps you could try adding the name of the project in front of the module name. For example:

ProjectName.ModuleName.FunctionName

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by PuzzledByWord Friday, July 6, 2018 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Perhaps you could try adding the name of the project in front of the module name. For example:

ProjectName.ModuleName.FunctionName

Hope it helps...

• Marked as answer by PuzzledByWord Friday, July 6, 2018 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:38 PM
  • .theDBguy,

Thanks for the idea.

I will let you know.

I have meetings very soon, so I will have to see if works Wednesday.

thanks again.

Mark J

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 11:44 PM
  • Hi Mark,

You're welcome and good luck!

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 4:45 PM