A potentially dangerous Request.Form value RRS feed

• Question

• 9:08 AM 8/19/2017

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (pagetext="...">
<html xmlns=...").
    Description: ASP.NET has detected data in the request that is potentially dangerous because it might include HTML markup or script. The data might represent an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. If this type of input is appropriate in your application, you can include code in a web page to explicitly allow it. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=212874.
    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (pagetext="...">
<html xmlns=...").
    Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]
    Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\library_app\d7d62d00\4d025e9d\App_Web_3r1p1dik.0.cs    Line: 0
    Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (pagetext="...">
<html xmlns=...").]
       System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +9800344
       System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection) +194
       System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +50
       System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +9800635
       System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +95
       System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +69
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6211
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +22
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
       ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\library_app\d7d62d00\4d025e9d\App_Web_3r1p1dik.0.cs:0
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +188
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.6.1085.0

Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:33 PM

All replies

• This potentially dangerous Request form popped up on me today. I am a novice at the new windows 10, believe me I've had some hit and miss situations hit me in the right stage of thinking I had come up with the right solutions to fix my problems. All I seem to have done is dig deeper in a hole and at the same  time make you folks at Microsoft irritated with me as well as my pc manufacturer. Its a slow learning curve for me because I'm headed towards the age of 70 and I've found myself not keeping up with remembering some things I've learned. however I'm trying. Please be patient with me. Thank you kindly, Ralph Hughes
    Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:18 PM
  • Hi

I think that you are posting in the wrong forum. I do not know a better place to direct you to as I don't understand your post.

This forum is for posts concerning the programming language VB.NET, partof MS Visual Studio and I would think that your issues are not relevant here.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:22 PM
  • See http://codingstill.com/2013/01/avoiding-the-a-potentially-dangerous-request-form-value-was-detected/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Saturday, August 19, 2017 9:06 PM
  • Hi Ralph,

Anything update? Please come back to update here if you fell free. If you still have some issue, please post your latest problem here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:13 AM