Extracting Resume/CV Details RRS feed

• Question

• User2011375017 posted

Hi!

Can any one help me out in extracting the details of a resume.

I am using the logic - (1) First convert the resume file (txt,doc,html,pdf.  etc) into XML

(2) Then Convert the XML into HR-XML, which is now easy to parse.

I was able to convert the .txt file into XML with VB.NET code successfully! But the limitation is that the txt file must be delimited (e.g. comma ,)

Can any one tell me, how to convert the doc/pdf file into XML as in the Resume/CV we are not bound with COMMA delimiters

waiting 4 reply...

Thanx & regards

SAMEER

Friday, November 21, 2008 2:26 AM

Answers

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I’m afraid that there shouldn’t be a general solution for that. Since XML is a general-purpose specification for creating custom markup languages. It is classified as an extensible language, because it allows the user to define the mark-up elements. XML's purpose is to aid information systems in sharing structured data.

<o:p> </o:p>

Then for your WORD or PDF file, are they structured data? If so, you have to use delimited to split contents, otherwise, we don’t know what the structure and what the content will be in the XML file.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:00 PM

All replies

• User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

I’m afraid that there shouldn’t be a general solution for that. Since XML is a general-purpose specification for creating custom markup languages. It is classified as an extensible language, because it allows the user to define the mark-up elements. XML's purpose is to aid information systems in sharing structured data.

Then for your WORD or PDF file, are they structured data? If so, you have to use delimited to split contents, otherwise, we don’t know what the structure and what the content will be in the XML file.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:00 PM
  • User2011375017 posted

Hi, Nai-Dong Jin

As I wrote, that my file will be a Resume/CV file which may not be structured.

Any ways, I was quite lucky in converting my Resume file in to simple XML.... But now I want to convert this XML to HR-XML.

can u help me ....

thanx for  ur quick response and sorry for my late reply

Regards,

Sameer

Monday, December 1, 2008 4:15 AM